Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My first drawing



     As a child I was always told that I couldn't draw.  After awhile I just accepted that fact and had everyone else draw for me.

Finally at age 60, I took an art class and discovered that I COULD draw. Here is my first drawing of a red tailed hawk!! It was done from a photograph. It  is amazing that with just a little training and practice what a person can do.

Here is another done of a painting by a famous artist yet changed in some way.


The drawing of my slippers delighted me that I could draw!!

What I noticed when I was drawing is that I would have some tranformative experience while doing the drawing.  I felt this much more with drawing than painting. When I shared this with my classmates, they too shared that this is why they keep coming back to art.

No comments:

Post a Comment